Chelsea Truck Company Land Rover Defender 110 Wide Track
24th Sep 2019
In the feverish whirlwind of automotive fashion, there is seldom an opportunity to create a lasting and permanent statement. The Land Rover Defender, however, is a vehicle that defies the fickle fads of fashion. Since 1948, this towering automotive icon has been going about its business quietly and efficiently.
Defender has always been one of the world’s toughest and most relentless go-anywhere vehicles. That ‘anywhere’ would traditionally have been vertical mountainsides and searing desert scapes, rather than elite cultural events and tree-lined boulevards.
And the new white Land Rover Defender 110 Chelsea Truck Company Wide Track certainly sets itself apart from virtually everything on the road.
This is recognisable as a Land Rover, but like no Land Rover ever seen before. The 18” 1993 wheels give the vehicle a muscular stance whilst the wheels are covered by powerful front and rear wide forest arches.
The exterior enhancements are almost too numerous to list, however the Kahn bumper with piercing integral spotlights, stainless steel twin crosshair exhaust system along with mesh bonnet & side vents are notable additions.
The most impressive element of the whole ensemble is the imposing X-Lander grille and headlamp surround. This changes the face of the Defender and lends an air of brutish power yet combines it with elegant sophistication. The X-Lander has been designed to be an easy installation, using the factory mounting points, yet has distinct paint areas that allow almost immeasurable customisation.
In addition, the accomplished design is complemented impeccably by the Chelsea Truck Company wheel cover and optional side steps that allow for easy access.
Beneath the bodywork, a new set of new 1939 Defend Retro Dish wheels, measuring 8.5” x 16” at the front and rear with 275/55/20 tyres reveal a penchant for attention grabbing style. Behind the wheels sit toughened mud flaps and a twin crosshair exhaust system.
Inside, the cabin is the beneficiary of premium luxury.
If the commanding and purposeful exterior bludgeons the senses, then the antidote is in the svelte and luxurious cabin. Figure hugging seats, hand trimmed in soft, quilted, perforated leather are a foil to the precise machined aluminium pedals and tastefully re-faced instrumentation.
A 3 spoke leather steering wheel, manual gear stick with diff lock in Billet finish along with interior detailing are the finishing touches that complete this distinguished interior.
Discreet Chelsea Truck Company branding completes the package and leaves no-one in any doubt as to the source of this elegant functional design and meticulous attention to detail. You will never look at a Defender in the same way again.
Please be advised, this particular vehicle is available for £34,999.00
Chelsea Truck Co. Specification
• Front & Rear Wide Forest Arches
• X-Lander Front Grille Inc. Headlight Surrounds
• Front Bumper Replacement inc. Bumper Lights - Stainless Steel (2 x Tron Ring lights & 2 x Fog lights)
• Front Bumper Sump Guard - Stainless Steel
• Side Vents with Mesh - Stainless Steel
• Bonnet Vents with Mesh - Stainless Steel
• Chelsea Truck Company Black Spare Wheel Cover
• Heated Front Seats
• Rear Mud Flaps in Toughened Rubber - Pair (Only Available with Twin Crosshair Exhaust System & Exhaust Shields)
• 3 Spoke Steering Wheel - Billet Aluminium & Black Leather
• Manual Gear Stick with Diff lock in Billet Finish
• Branded Door Entry Sill Plates
• Vented Foot Pedals in Machined Aluminium
• Hard Wearing Rubber Floor Mats
• Centre Glove Box in Quilted & Perforated Leather
• Passenger Dashboard Top & Grab Handle